IV Nutrient Therapy
what is intravenous nutrient therapy?
Vitamins and minerals provide the nutrients required for our cells to function optimally. Without these many diseased and dysfunctional states occur. Usually, these nutrients are acquired through our diet; however, in many cases, nutrients don’t actually reach our cells due to a variety of reasons such as: poor digestion, low stomach acid, inflammation, low activity of the immune system, and food sensitivities are common inhibitors.
Intravenous nutrient therapy is the infusion of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients into blood circulation to allow for easy and efficient absorption and get nutrients to therapeutic cellular levels. This makes IV therapy much faster acting and often more effective than orally administered therapies as they go more directly to cells and are given in the most absorbable forms. Dr. Della's IV therapies are specific to each patient’s needs by altering the types and amounts of nutrients in them.
Which conditions can benefit from IV Therapy?
There are numerous conditions that can be improved by IV therapy, which include:
- Acute colds and flus
- Acute muscle spasm and chronic muscle pain
- Anti aging
- Anxiety and depression
- Chronic digestive concerns - Inflammatory bowel conditions (Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn’s), IBS, Celiac Disease or SIBO
- Chronic sinusitis, Asthma, Seasonal allergic rhinitis, Chronic hives
- Fatigue / low energy, Chronic Fatigue syndromes, Fibromyalgia
- Headaches and migraines
- Hormonal symptoms and menstrual cramps
- Immune dysfunction
- Improving athletic performance and recovery after strenuous exercise
- Injury prevention and healing
- Post surgery healing
- Sleep difficulties
- Viral illnesses
Common ingredients in a standard IV include Vitamin C, a blend of B vitamins, micronutrients like selenium, zinc, manganese, as well as maronutrients like calcium and magnesium. The most common IV given is a an IV Meyers, which is full of lots of good things.
The significant benefit of IV therapy is it bypasses the digestive system, which is commonly impaired, such as during times of stress or inflammation, causing poor absorption of nutrients from your food. By administering nutrients intravenously, we are able to achieve levels superior to oral supplementation, which can have a larger therapeutic impact.
IV Myers Nutrient Therapy
- A traditional IV Myers includes of a combination of calcium, magnesium, B vitamins and vitamin C, which is then tailored to your specific requirements.
IV STRESS RELIEF
- A combination of relaxing and rejuvenating nutrients to make you feel calm, but able to get through your day. Great for when you need a little extra help in your every day life, or have had an upsetting event in order to help your body cope.
IV Hang-over cure
- Yes, Dr. Della can even help with that! Have a big event then need to get back to normal? The IV Hang over cure is great to help your body recover from a self inflicted event.
IV Skin Recovery
- Is your skin not as smooth, supple, and evenly toned as you want it to be? There are many nutrients that can help your skin to improve in appearance and clarity. This IV also helps with reducing inflammation and supporting healing globally in the body.
IV Anti-Allergy Infusion
- To help decrease nasal congestion, clear your sinuses, stabilize the immune system, improve liver function, and reduce phlegm. The one that helps your system calm down and feel back to normal.
IV Immune Boost
Does your system feel like it needs help to get rid of a bug? This helps to boost your immune system and get you back to normal faster!
- Advanced IVs are available for many conditions, including chelation treatments, cancer treatments, immune stabilization, allergy intervention, asthma reduction, and tissue healing. Please talk to Dr. Della directly in order to get a complete list of what may be right for you.
**All IVs require a 15-30 minute initial consultation prior to the first IV being administered - in order to get basic medical information and to tailor your IV individually for you.
For more information please book a FREE 10 minute consultation with Dr. Della at her Oak Bay office in beautiful Victoria, BC. To book with Dr. Della see the "Request Appointment" button below!